Jalie Frédéric Hoodie

PapaBird has been asking me to make him a sweater for awhile and when this pattern was released it jumped my project list. I wanted to make something really warm for him as the last time we went camping he shivered and complained about the local summer temperatures... Well we were camping in the mountains!

This was a good stash busting project as I used some stretch fleece I was gifted at the 2010 Pattern Review Conference in Montreal and some sweatshirting I acquired in the spring at a local fabric sale (all fabric was $1/m! Score!).





I debated lining the sweatshirt or treating the two fabrics as one and basting them together. In the end I basted together, but it would have been a nicer finish had I attempted lining. Only other slight modification I did was to use some woven bias binding along the hood, rather than cutting some knit fabric. This worked out ok. 


This was the second version I made of this pattern. I also made one for my older son back in January last year. I love the colour blocking options and used some of my custom knit star wars fabric to make the pockets and line the hood.  For the rest of the fabric, I harvested the green from a pair of sweatpants I bought to wear while pregnant with my youngest and the black is from an old hoodie. 


Modeled here with another pair of 3355 sweatpants. I do need to get a bit better in making sure my seams line up across the zipper and my general zipper insertion, but for the most part was very pleased with how this hoodie turned out. I think I'll be making many of these over the years for my boys. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Patterns: Why I've switched from Paper to PDFs.

Jalie 3461: Éléonore Pull-on Jeans

It's the Little Things: Cutting the Grocery Bill by Cooking from Scratch